Can’t change my mobile number as sending verification code to an old number

Temp20201214ca
New Community Member
Hi-I went to log in to PayPal to receive some funds and it told me they need to verify my details before. The problem is it’s sending the verification code to an old mobile number and it won’t let me log in to change this so I’m stuck?
Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

Temp20201214bz
Contributor
Contributor
did you figure out how to sort this? X
Login to Me Too

Myrockdog

Did you manage to sort this as I have same problem 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Myrockdog 

@Temp20201214ca 

@Temp20201214bz 

Try:

1. Downloading the app to see if it will let you in to change / update it in the settings.

2. Use the forgotten password option.

3. Trying another browser that may let you in without phone verification (then change it when you have logged in).

4. Trying again another day when sometimes you can get in without doing the verification and then change the number.

5. Changing the password a few times sometimes works as it can bypass the phone verification.

If that does not work then you would need to contact customer services so that they can i.d. you another way and then add your new phone number to your account.

Contact options for Paypal at the moment are...

Paypal phones are mostly non operational since covid but sometimes you get lucky. (use the guest option if you can't log in).
If there is one available it will show when you click help / contact bottom left of Paypal pages for options available in your country.
Live chat is randomly available.
You can send them a message.
Or
have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Bluedaisy08
Contributor
Contributor
None of that works. It's so ridiculous they do not give people an option to resolve this like they do with "forgot password." So many people have this problem. Even if you do get someone on the phone they are completely useless.
Login to Me Too

Filous2004
Contributor
Contributor
Hi how did you get round it 🙂
Login to Me Too

Filous2004
Contributor
Contributor
What can I do, PayPal are not responding!! Absolutely useless
Login to Me Too

Bluedaisy08
Contributor
Contributor

So many people with the same problem and PayPal do absolutely nothing about it. It's so ridiculous there isn't anyway to sort this problem out. Since I posted the same question last month I've still been locked out of my account.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Filous2004 

@Bluedaisy08 

Paypal are doing something about it, if you contact them as i said above then lots of folks have got c.s. to add their new numbers for them.

Also many folks have got in via one of the options i posted above BUT heres another option i found.

Log on via developer.paypal.com, go to paypal.com and change it in settings.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.