Can't access my other account and can't contact support

leblanc97
New Community Member

I will try to explain my problem as quick as possible.

When I went to study in Czech Republic I made a paypal account linking my bank account and credit card, it was an account with a different email from my main one (with wich I had already a Paypal account).

After 2 years I had to move out from Czech Republic, I closed my bank account and cards, but I forgot to delete them from the paypal account. Now I live and study in Slovakia, and a few months before now, I withdrawn from a shopping website where I recharged some years ago with the Paypal cz account (the website didn't specified what account the refund would go and I thought it was my main one), the website sent a refund to the original paypal account, but paypal sent the amount automatically to the closed credit card...

Yesterday I logged in to the cz paypal and contacted the support centre explaining the issue. Today's morning I try to log in to check if they'd answered and I found out that Paypal locked me out from my secondary account because they can't verify it's me.

I tried to go to the support page but you can't write to them if you are not logged, which was impossible, I tried to call them but they don't provide a country prefix so it's useless as well, and the only dialable phone number is the one from the **bleep**ing united states....

I must also tell you that I have a phone verification method activated, I have full access to the email with which I'd created the cz account..ridiculous

How the hell do I contact them? It's worth trying with this account using the customer service? But the most important question is: is there any hope to recover the amount refunded to me? Because that amount went straight to a non-exisisting bank account, I closed it more than a year ago, what paypal do in this case? Because if I can't even recover that refund I don't even think all this **bleep** is worth it.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.