Can't access account

BrianW2020
Contributor
Contributor
Hi, My account has an old phone number so I cannot log in. When I try get support there's nobody available on the customer service number, and I cannot use the messaging system as it asks me to log in. Why do paypal have to make everything so difficult 😕 Brian
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@BrianW2020 

You would need to contact customer services so that they can i.d. you another way and then add your new phone number to your account.

Paypal phones are mostly non operational since covid but sometimes you get lucky. (use the guest option if you can't log in).
If there is one available it will show when you click help / contact bottom left of Paypal pages for options available in your country.
Live chat is randomly available.
You can send them a message.
Or have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

BrianW2020
Contributor
Contributor
Hi there, Thanks for your reply and suggestions. I've tried phone support several times but I can't get through to a person. I've also tried the help/ contact but no option to sign in as a guest. I cannot access live chat as I cannot sign in. I've also tried Facebook but I'm talking to a useless bot. It's so frustrating, I need to cancel subscriptions which I'm about to be billed for but no matter what I try I can't get access to my account. I didn't realise I had an old phone number on the account, I just tried logging in recently and that's the first time I've become aware of it. I just don't understand why a company such as PayPal doesn't have the resources to have a functioning customer support service even during times like this 😕
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.