Can't access account cos i hav new phone numbr - but evry login needs a txt to OLD inactive numbr?

Axiom666
Contributor
Contributor
Hi there
I have sent the below to Customer Service but I'm concerned i will not see a reply
Can anyone tell me if they got a solution to this problem?
Thanks

I need Customer Service as soon as possible and am frustrated at the lack of response i am receiving from Paypal.
I had my cellphone stolen from me and changed my phone number that is registered to my account
I have now gone to log in to urgently access my own funds - my money that you hold in my account.
Your ONLY options for me to authorise my account are to
(a) receive a text code or
(b) receive a call
But neither of these are possible if my number has changed.
Your virtual assistant asks me what my issue is - see picture.
But when i confirm i do not HAVE my old number, the assistant advises me they will make a note of it
This isn't a solution and doesn't help me
If i go to your help page it also - see picture - provides no assistance - it tells me to access my account and change my number - but you cannot DO this if you don't have this number any more.
Paypal is a huge international company with a lot of money - to see such a flawed system in place that obviously has not been tested is extremely irritating. I cannot USE Paypal if i cannot access it - so why aren't you helping me? You are ruining your own service by not addressing this. I'd like to speak to someone about this as fast as possible. Please contact me.
Not having my old number is difficult.
Having my own money with-held from me by a authentication protection system you have installed that isn't working is impossible.
Thank you
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Axiom666 

You would need to contact customer services so that they can i.d. you another way and then add your new phone number to your account.

Paypal phones are mostly non operational since covid but sometimes you get lucky. (use the guest option if you can't log in).
If there is one available it will show when you click help / contact bottom left of Paypal pages for options available in your country.
Live chat is randomly available.
You can send them a message.
Or have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.