Can't access account and no one is answering the phone due to COVID-19

alonsoc
Contributor
Contributor
Hi Paypal, I am absolutely desperate to login to my account. When I try to login it asks me for my password, I put in my password and then it says "we need to reset your password". I then enter into a loop since: - I can't receive a text message to the phone number. - I can't answer the security questions. - I don't have the credit card anymore. My account was created in Chile and now I've moved to Australia, so I can only access my email successfully buy simply can't verify the second step!!!! I don't have my previous phone number even though I know it by memory, I don't have my credit card since I'm no longer with my chilean bank, and sadly i cannot remember my security questions!!!! Please help me as I've been paid through eBay and if I cannot access my account in a week I will lose my money!!!!! No one is picking up the phone in Australia due to Covid 19 and there is literally No email support!!!
Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@alonsoc 

Paypal is country specific so if you move countries you have to open another paypal account in the country you reside in and add an address / phone number / bank accounts / cards from within that country.

You should really withdraw any funds / resolve issues / remove cards and bank accounts before you move countries. If you don't then you may have problems doing so once you have moved and may need to contact customer services for help to resolve things.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

alonsoc
Contributor
Contributor
Hi mate, thanks for replying. However as you are aware there is no way to contact customer service or support. There is no email, and they are not picking up the phone number. Do you have an email address you can contact them? As there is no email address in their website.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@alonsoc 

Go to the message centre in your paypal account and there should be an email option OR their live chat option should be up and running now.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

alonsoc
Contributor
Contributor
There is no live chat, and there is no way I can access the message or support centre through my account (as I cannot log in). Thats why i created this account just to get a solution around this. Can someone post an email address so I can communicate and hopefully get an answer from a Paypal employee? Thanks
Login to Me Too

dancodes
New Community Member

if you call from a landline they are asking for a code no idea how to get one but that seams to be the only way to get through. i am currently trying to workout how to get a code if i work it out will let you know 

Login to Me Too

alonsoc
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you sir...
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.