Can't access account PSD2 - Old phone number.

kanedaji
New Community Member

"New PSD2 regulations change the way you log in with PayPal. If your mobile number isn't up to date access will be disrupted. Please check your Profile now."

Tells me to sign in to my profile to change my number but I can't get into my account without receiving a text message to a number which no longer exists. No help and no alternative ways to access my account.

What should I do? Why is there no alternative? Why haven't I received something to say I need to make sure this stuff is up to date?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@kanedaji 

You would need to contact customer services so that they can i.d. you another way and then add your new phone number to your account.

Paypal phones are mostly non operational since covid but sometimes you get lucky. (use the guest option if you can't log in).
If there is one available it will show when you click help / contact bottom left of Paypal pages for options available in your country.
Live chat is randomly available.
You can send them a message.
Or have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

jhč
Contributor
Contributor

The previous replay basically tells you that you are in deep **bleep**. Me as well..

I did try to call US numbers and waited for hours, finally, I got UK number and after 10 minutes he concluded that he cannot help me, because I am from another country. Of course, phone number for my country is not available due to covid19. I already spend more than 100 EUR in the process for various numbers through the world - without any success. There is no regular way to access my account.

They have this stupid message on the first page:
"New PSD2 Regulations change the way you log in with PayPal. If your mobile number isn’t up to date access will be disrupted. Please check your Profile now."
but of course, you can edit (and change phone number) your profile AFTER you use your phone number for the login process... it is catch22 problem. How did this happen? Stupid programmers? Lawyers? How can we solve the unsolvable problem?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.