Can't Log In - 2 Step Verification Fails

pp111
Contributor
Contributor

Something is going wrong with the two step verification. I can't log in. I get a phone call but there is silence on the other end of the phone. Anyone have a solution? A seller is waiting for my payment and there is no other way to pay them.

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@pp111 

Normally to verify you get a text to your mobile phone? 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

pp111
Contributor
Contributor

There are two ways to verify. Paypal can also accept a land-line. Unfortunately the land-line software is bugged and anyone who used this method is now totally locked out of their account until Paypal fix the problem. They are unable to say how long this will be. In my opinion an utter disgrace. Absolutely no contingency plan for the verification process not working. I will probably close my account when I can actually access it again.... so angry words are not really enough. Total shambles.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@pp111 

Thats why there has been a notice on your paypal account for the last few months telling you to add or update a mobile phone on your account because they were bringing in this policy.

Also scroll down to the moderators reply in this thread.....

https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/My-Account/Don-t-have-a-mobile-phone/m-p/2032819#M65285

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

pp111
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal have repeatedly assured me that a land-line should work. I asked this bother before the change was implemented and several times in the last week.

So who am  I suppose to believe?

Login to Me Too

pp111
Contributor
Contributor

I just phoned them again and they told me it should work, there is a known issue which the engineers are working on.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.