Can't Find Verification Code in Debit Card Statement

frik1000
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I'm a Paypal user from the Philippines that's trying to link my Metrobank debit card to my Paypal account. I went through the standard process of the verifying it, but when I look at my transactions, I can't find any code to use to confirm my card.

Based on my card's transaction history, a fee was deducted from my account (about 149Php) but their descriptions only say ET MCI SALE, and no four digit code or anything of the sort.

Any help would be appreciated.

Login to Me Too
39 REPLIES 39

Xris_dB
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi frik1000,

Welcome to the community.Smiley Happy

Normally the confirmation deposit shows in the bank account in a few days. You might consider adding the weekend and bank holidays. At times your statement will show the amount deducted yet the bank could take time to show the actual code next to the word PayPal. If you are having issues you can maybe restart the confirmation procedure on you PayPal account.

Chris.

Login to Me Too

frik1000
Contributor
Contributor

Okay, I'll give it a few days. Will there be any additional fees if I opt to restart the confirmation process?

Login to Me Too

Xris_dB
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Not at all, the first one will cancel.

Login to Me Too

Jaycroll
Contributor
Contributor

have you been succeful on verifying your card? I assume you're using Metrobank too, as i have the same issue. 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_paula

Hi Jaycroll and welcome, 

So sorry to hear you are having such issues with this. Are you checking your card statement online or is it a paper statement that you are checking for the code? If you are not seeing the code on your online statement I would recommend to ask your bank for a paper statement as it can sometimes show on the paper statement and not the online statement. Not sure why this happens just know from my experience that paper statements can show a little more information. 

Please let us know how you get on, 

Paula 

Login to Me Too

adiestro143
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, Team,

This is my first time setting up my PayPal account. I can't find the 4 digit code and I was deducted for 51.1 pesos by Paypal and another (2) 100 pesos stating "ET MCI SALE". Need your help in verifying my account and will the charged be refunded. Thank you. 

Login to Me Too

Yukio233
Contributor
Contributor
Hi PayPal_paula I had the same issue after 2 weeks I requested a paper statement it is still Et mci sale and i check the online statement same no code just et mci sale in the statement how can i refund the deduction?
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Meghan

Hello @Yukio233

Thanks for joining the PayPal Community to ask your question! 

I'm sorry to hear the code still isn't showing up for you on the paper statement. I suggest reaching out to your cardholder's customer support and inquiring if they can see it on the backend. If the card cannot be confirmed, the confirmation charge will still be refunded automatically after 75 days. 

I hope this helps! 

- Meghan

If you found this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution. While browsing, feel free to reply if you see a question you know the answer to. Our Community Users make the PayPal Community Forum! 
Login to Me Too

Yukio233
Contributor
Contributor

Hi PayPal_Meghan,

Will automatically refunded for 75 days or 75 business days? Just want to make sure cuz my friend will set a reminder schedule on his calendar 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.