Can't Find Verification Code in Debit Card Statement

frik1000
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I'm a Paypal user from the Philippines that's trying to link my Metrobank debit card to my Paypal account. I went through the standard process of the verifying it, but when I look at my transactions, I can't find any code to use to confirm my card.

Based on my card's transaction history, a fee was deducted from my account (about 149Php) but their descriptions only say ET MCI SALE, and no four digit code or anything of the sort.

Any help would be appreciated.

Login to Me Too
39 REPLIES 39

rg_md
Contributor
Contributor

Has anyone found a solution to this? I'm having the same problem.

Login to Me Too

Neven_Rivera

Me too, I called my concerned branch only to find out that the description appeared is also the same thing.

Login to Me Too

anthonycuello
Contributor
Contributor

I am also having this problem. Upon calling the branch, they said that it really says "ET MCI SALE" on my statement and no PayPal code as instructed.

How do I fix this?

Login to Me Too

reiagen
Contributor
Contributor

I'm having the same problem. May I know how many days before you confirmed and call the branch for the ETMCISALE description?

Login to Me Too

allanaer
New Community Member

Same problem. Waiting for a few days if Metrobank will show more information about the paypal transaction.

Login to Me Too

jin_101
Contributor
Contributor

I'm having the same issue 

Does anyone was able to solve this problem in Metrobank ?

Login to Me Too

nitz1234
Contributor
Contributor

any update on this issue? does the code appear after 2-3 business days?

Login to Me Too

nashynashy
Contributor
Contributor

@frik1000 wrote:

Hello,

I'm a Paypal user from the Philippines that's trying to link my Metrobank debit card to my Paypal account. I went through the standard process of the verifying it, but when I look at my transactions, I can't find any code to use to confirm my card.

Based on my card's transaction history, a fee was deducted from my account (about 149Php) but their descriptions only say ET MCI SALE, and no four digit code or anything of the sort.

Any help would be appreciated.

I would like to share my experience hoping this may help. I tried processing the verification on 04/07 and automatically my Metrobank debit card was deducted with 100php. Since I registered my card through online banking, I immediately checked my transaction and it does show a 100php charge but the description shows ET MCI SALE. The next day, I noticed that the transaction was gone from my transaction history. The following day after that, I checked again and voila the transaction appears again and this time, the description changes to PP ****code (the asterisk contains the actual code). I immediately inputted the code in PayPal and I was verified afterward. It also did instruct me that the charge will be refunded within 24 hrs.  Note that 04/07 is Sunday and 04/09 is a holiday (Araw ng Kagitingan).

Login to Me Too

ellyse2011
New Community Member

I hope I'll get the code tomorrow. I used my debit card to verify paypal today.

Login to Me Too

ginopark16
Hello! How did it go? Did u get the code the next day?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.