Can't Find Verification Code in Debit Card Statement

frik1000
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I'm a Paypal user from the Philippines that's trying to link my Metrobank debit card to my Paypal account. I went through the standard process of the verifying it, but when I look at my transactions, I can't find any code to use to confirm my card.

Based on my card's transaction history, a fee was deducted from my account (about 149Php) but their descriptions only say ET MCI SALE, and no four digit code or anything of the sort.

Any help would be appreciated.

Login to Me Too
39 REPLIES 39

PayPal_Meghan

Hello @Yukio233

I appreciate that you've reached back out for clarification. 

The charge is refunded by PayPal automatically 75 calendar days from the date you first initiated the confirmation process. Yet, showing up in your balance may take a little longer. After the refund is initiated, it follows the normal refund timeframe. You can learn more about refunds on our Help Center here: Where is my refund? Essentially, refunds to a card usually reflect in the balance in an average of three to five business days from when they're initiated. However, some financial institutions can take up to 30 days (one billing cycle) to deposit the refund back into your balance. With this information, I'd start monitoring the balance around 80 days from when the card was first attempted to be confirmed, but don't fret if it takes a bit longer. 

I hope this thoroughly answers your question and allows you and your friend the ability to set up the reminder. Have a lovely rest of your day! 

- Meghan 

If you found this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution. While browsing, feel free to reply if you see a question you know the answer to. Our Community Users make the PayPal Community Forum! 
Login to Me Too

Yukio233
Contributor
Contributor

Hi PayPal_Meghan, 

My friend done this twice will it be refunding all of the deduction or just one automatically?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Bindu

Hey @Yukio233 

Thanks for responding back! Yes! All deductions towards the card confirmation will be refunded back automatically after 75 days. 

Bindu

If you feel this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Michikoi
Contributor
Contributor

Hi! I'm experiencing the same issue now. Though I have only started the process a few hours ago. I would like to know though, if you were able to resolve this problem. The post wasn't updated to whether you got verified or not. 

I am also checking my statement online and not through any bank statements emailed/mailed to me. Should I check it somewhere else instead of online banking?

Login to Me Too

Jane128
Hi, anything on this?
Login to Me Too

Nor-ain

Hi, does anybody how to resolve this issue? I can't find the code in my online bank statement.

Login to Me Too

jonathan316
Contributor
Contributor

Ho can I restart my confirmation procedure? Which Tab button should I click. Thank you in advance

Login to Me Too

njrm
Contributor
Contributor
Anyone resolved this issue? It's been two weeks already and the code still doesn't appear for me.
Login to Me Too

hbm0720
New Community Member

Were you able to solve this? i am having the same issue...

Login to Me Too

kenjubay
New Community Member

where you able to solve this? I have the same issue 😞

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.