Can't Confirm Secondary Email

VG_JHeadrick
Contributor
Contributor

Hey guys. So - I'm having a bit of a problem here.

TL;DR Version:

• Want to add a secondary email to my account.
  • Try to confirm secondary email - get "We're having some trouble completing your request. Please try again shortly." error.
  • Change password and check if email is already in use - it's not.
  • Change notifications to HTML - no change.
  • Try confirming multiple times - no change.
  • Turn off various blockers in Firefox - no change.
  • Contacted PayPal Support on Twitter, but no response, yet.
  • Have not tried another browser.
  • Payments waiting to be claimed and can't be until email is confirmed.
  • UPDATE: Tried on Chrome and even Edge - same result.

I've had my PayPal account for a long time now, more than 9 years at least, but one thing I've never done is add a secondary email address. Never needed it, really.

However, since I've started doing other things that don't relate to graphic design, I decided that I should use the email address that I have for those things (I have one email for design work, and one for my game review site/gaming YouTube channel)

So - I added the second email address to my account. When I did, I got the confirmation email. It came through just fine. I hit the "Confirm This Email" button in the message, type in my password and...

"We're having some trouble completing your request. Please try again shortly."

I thought maybe I typed my password wrong, or that I already had a PayPal account with that email and forgot about it, so I hit the button to change my password. Got it changed, went to sign in and...it signs me into my normal account. So now I know it wasn't already in use.

I've since tried confirming this email address 20 or more times, signing in with the new password, and I just keep getting the same error.

"We're having some trouble completing your request. Please try again shortly."

Now, I do currently have 2 payments waiting to be claimed by that email, but I don't know if that would actually cause problems.

I tried switching my emails received to HTML and resending the confirmation email - still get the same problem. I turned off my ad blocker and Disconnect plugin. I've even disabled Firefox's built in tracking protection.

No change. Just the error.

jihRydL.png

What can I do, if anything, to get this fixed? I've sent a message to @AskPayPal on Twitter, but haven't heard back just yet - probably because it's the weekend right after Thanksgiving.

Posting here to hopefully get a solution to the problem. Only thing I haven't tried yet is another browser entirely.

I'd like to get this cleared up as soon as possible as I have a couple of payments waiting to be claimed by the email, but they can't be until it's confirmed.

UPDATE: So, I've now tried on Chrome and Edge as well - still got the same result. "We're having some trouble completing your request. Please try again shortly."

Login to Me Too
13 REPLIES 13

BioPhot
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks.

Instead of standard firefox I used Safari on my Mac for the confirmation. To avoid cookies or anything I triggered confirmation after login using firefox. Then copy&pasted the confirmation link from the e-mail to safari and logged in there.

Without "I am no robot" confirmation it logged me in and after that my address was confirmed and I could continue switching in firefox.

Login to Me Too

Kamatcho
Contributor
Contributor
I can't contact Paypal using message center and i can't post a question here ? I don't know what's happening to my account
Login to Me Too

TWANDAROBINSON
New Community Member

I think i got the solution man 🙂

I was also got this issue, i just add the second mail to my paypal

But When i was going to confirm it from gmail so the process is not going to complete and then the page return to the main login details,

So i deleted all save login details, And then I login first from the main primary mail without saving password or Login details,

And then I go to secondary gmail and click on confirm the mail and write password  and press enter then my mail is successfully confirmed !

Hope it also works with you 🙂

Thanks

Login to Me Too

demiarmbruster
Contributor
Contributor
This worked for me! Thanks! 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.