Can not verify through Payment Services Directive PSD2, not updated phone numbers

ottop
New Community Member

Hi all,

I tried to contact Paypal directly to their number <Removed>, but call was hang and I was noticed to use web help :-(.

I can not log in into my Paypal account, as I did not updated my phone numbers contact recently. 

How I can login using PSD2 without phone numbers? My email is registred correctly and working, but option to receive email code for loging in is not as an option.

Thank you for help 

<Removed>

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ottop 

Try:

1. Downloading the app to see if it will let you in to change / update it in the settings.

2. Use the forgotten password option several times.

3. Trying another browser that may let you in without phone verification (then change it when you have logged in).

4. Trying again another day when sometimes you can get in without doing the verification and then change the number.

5. Changing the password a few times sometimes works as it can bypass the phone verification.

6. Try clicking on P top of the forum page and see if you can log in via the forum.

7. Log on via developer.paypal.com, go to paypal.com and change it in settings.

If that does not work then you would need to contact customer services so that they can i.d. you another way and then add your new phone number to your account.

Contact options for Paypal are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages...

1. Paypal phones are slowly re-opening and increasing in numbers (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out.
Or
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ottop 

Try:

1. Downloading the app to see if it will let you in to change / update it in the settings.

2. Use the forgotten password option several times.

3. Trying another browser that may let you in without phone verification (then change it when you have logged in).

4. Trying again another day when sometimes you can get in without doing the verification and then change the number.

5. Changing the password a few times sometimes works as it can bypass the phone verification.

6. Try clicking on P top of the forum page and see if you can log in via the forum.

7. Log on via developer.paypal.com, go to paypal.com and change it in settings.

If that does not work then you would need to contact customer services so that they can i.d. you another way and then add your new phone number to your account.

Contact options for Paypal are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages...

1. Paypal phones are slowly re-opening and increasing in numbers (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out.
Or
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

WalterKovacs
New Community Member

Is there any other way to contact with the PayPal Help/Support team regarding this such issue?

Because all these options that were listed in this thread does not work for me. Moreover, all these options sounds not like a real help but some sort of hacking of the PayPal Authorization system. Which will be really stupid, if one may hack the PSD2 Authorization by resetting multiple times the original password, or using the different web browser.

Therefore, I mostly interested in the real help. If one will use the Help Center, he/she will talk with the chat bots which can't resolve this issue.
If one will try to call to PayPal Custom Service during the business hours, there is also no luck.

For instance,  I tried to contact your Support Center by calling: <removed> from Switzerland
Unfortunately this does not work out. There are no agents 😞
But there are no agents for days. What is going?
It seems, everything is organized such a way, that it was not possible to contact the real person from PayPal who can really resolve the issue.

Did someone has better idea how to contact the PayPal Support Team?

Thank you in advance.
With best regards

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.