Can not confirm email address

5thturtle
Contributor
Contributor
Hi all, Someone sent me over $400 for some goods yesterday, but it didn't show up in my account because, according to PayPal, my E-mail has not been verified. PayPal sent me a message to my inbox "x person sent you x money" , below that, it says "Don't see the money in your account? If you haven't confirmed your email address with us yet, you won't see the money in your account until you do. Confirm your email address now (You'll need your confirmation code: xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx)" When I clicked on the link to verify my email, it gave me an error message "Something seems to have gone wrong We're sorry. We're having trouble confirming your email address at the moment. Please click the link we sent you again. Need help? Contact us" How can I confirm my email? Is there any other way? I tried contacting PayPal using a live agent but it says it's busy due to the covid situation. The payment ended up cancelled and then refunded. I'm using PayPal in Hong Kong.. not sure if that version is any different than other countries. Been using PayPal since 2005 in the UK, but can't seem to use or even log into that account here because I think PayPal detects a different IP address from the other side of the world. Please help, so lost. Kind regards PS when I go to my account page, there is no option to verify any email, just gives me the option to add another one.
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@5thturtle 

Paypal is country specific so if you move countries you have to open another paypal account in the country you reside in and add an address / phone number / bank accounts / cards from within that country.

You should really withdraw any funds / resolve issues / remove cards and bank accounts / cancel any subscriptions and close the old Paypal account before you move countries. If you don't then you may have problems doing so once you have moved and may need to contact customer services for help to resolve things.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.