Can i use PayPal with only email verified?

GabrielBates88
Contributor
Contributor

I don't get it. So, if i verified only email, my account is still Unverified, right? Can i use PayPal to recieve and send money then? Can i send money to non-US PayPal accounts, for example?

I can't even check my limits, as there simply nothing like "View your account limit" at account page. Does this mean that limits are not set for such account, and send\receive money will be unavailable? 

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

Maybe it's just terminology, when you setup your account, you have to confirm your email address meaning it's a valid functioning address.  This is only for the email address - not your proof of ID.   Anyone can have an email address but, that's not proof of who you are.   If you don't link a bank account and credit card, you can still use your account - you can receive money but, you may experience some hold times (anywhere from 1 up to 21 days).  As for sending and withdrawing funds - you will be able to send money but, the receiver may end up waiting to receive the funds or if you reach a sending limit, you may have to wait a bit.  As for withdrawing funds, your only option is to request a paper check, there's a non-refundable fee of $1.50 and the check cannot be sent to a PO Box - expect to wait up two weeks to receive the check.

As far a verifying your account, you need to confirm your identity - as everything is done online - you open a PayPal account and you say your name is John Smith - who knows who you really are - yes, you do but, no one else does.  By providing ID info you have now validated your info - a bank account and credit card is the easiest method to prove you identity in the online electronic world.  Assuming you have a bank account and card, you had to provide ID to open a bank account and apply for a card so your identity has already been vetted.  PayPal then checks the info you provided against your bank account details and card details.  If everything matches, name and address, PayPal will lift the limits on your account and you can then actually use the account as intended.

As for checking your limits, seems the direct way to that from your account menu has vanished but, this trick may work for you.  

Login to your account.

Then paste the URL below into your browser's address bar, then hit "enter".

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_show-limits&req_from=view_limits

Login to Me Too

GabrielBates88
Contributor
Contributor

@Anonymous_User wrote:

As for checking your limits, seems the direct way to that from your account menu has vanished but, this trick may work for you.  

Login to your account.

Then paste the URL below into your browser's address bar, then hit "enter".

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_show-limits&req_from=view_limits

Seems that phone confirmation is not necessary after all, as it does not mentioned as verification step on limits page (so, my account is incomplete, with "lifted" sending limit (still don't get a solid number) and ability to receive.

As for first part of your answer, i know what you're talking about, how and why it is done. My point is - verification is a little confusing user experience: i've just signed in, and want to send or recieve some little cash, but i have no clear idea - if i can do it or not, without mentioning fees (which at least easy to find) and possible delays.

Thanks for help

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.