Can I reopen a closed PayPal prepaid debit card account?

Marcymac
Contributor
Contributor

My Paypal prepaid debit card was the bank - Bancorp was the bank I listed on my CashApp acct. I closed that account and opened a new one with a new card. I just used my CashApp again and accidentally clicked on the Bancorp button and transferred money to that closed account. I received a notification the next day that the money was there. But I have no way to access it. What can I do?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Oregon11
Advisor
Advisor

@Marcymac

I believe the direct deposit account that's included with PayPal Prepaid, is for employer direct deposits and US Government deposits only.

Here are the contact details for PayPal Prepaid.

https://www.paypal-prepaid.com/account/precontact

You may want to contact the company that you linked your PayPal direct deposit account number to, and ask if they do some kind of trace.

Login to Me Too

malcolmxmiddle
New Community Member
I have a similar problem and due to the covid19 response, and I am having a difficult time trying to resolve this and get a proper response. I can't get in contact with someone that can explain to me what's going on with my Paypal prepaid cash card account. I had a pending SSI deposit and the issuing bank, The Bancorp Bank, closed my account the day before my deposit was realised. I need to know if they have send the money back, not received it at all, or are they sending a paper cheque with the funds. I am hoping for a chance to resolve this issue. I have had some conversation with customer service but it is all they have the authority to say and just informed me my account was closed because of fraudulent activity which could have been a honest mistake of violating the terms and agreements of the service. Also, customer service did mention that the PayPal prepaid cash card and PayPal cash/cash plus are different Services, but they didn't explain how to find where I could set that up nor did they say if I was even eligible to open/link a PayPal cash/cash plus to my original account. I hope that is enough information Sincerely, Malcolm Middleton
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.