CHANGE NAME

dannyboy0077
New Community Member

Hello guys please i need your help i used my nickname when i created my pay pal account and now i can't transfer to my main account cause it's asking for my real name to avoid issues with transactions, i have tried changing the name but it asked for some documents or ID to be submitted, i tried submitting it but it wouldn't take it, kept on coming  back with an error message of try again later and the size of the file is the required size cause i saw that on the help FAQS question and pay pal doesn't have a direct email to contact, i need your help please.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@dannyboy0077 

What do you mean by "main account?" You mean you were trying to transfer to bank account? And the names don't match bank and PayPal account and so it's giving you problems?

I don't know if this is true, but is it possible that PayPal's site can detect panic in the user and it just stops working just to mess with you? I think you should leave the account alone for few days and try again at that time because it's probably the internal security system triggered and it needs some time to reset.

Or you can call customer service for assistance and see what they can do to fix it:

Click HELP on top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, and then scroll down to click CALL US.

Say "Live Agent" to the automated recording.

Or private message via social media:

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/paypal

Twitter: @AskPayPal

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @dannyboy0077,

I'm sorry to hear that the document that you're trying to upload for the name change process is not being accepted. In addition to the file size and type requirements, I've also heard that if the file name has a string of numbers in it, it may cause an issue. Please try renaming the document if that is the case.

If you still need assistance, please try calling as @sharpiemarker suggested. However, for best results, please use the automated system as designed rather than jumping immediately to asking for an agent. Telling the automated system what you specifically need ensures that you are routed to the correct team, whereas asking for a live agent may cause two separate wait times while you wait for someone to answer your initial call and then route you to a different team.

I hope this is resolved quickly for you!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.