CAN'T LOGIN/ACCESS ACCOUNT BECAUSE OF RANDOM/OLD NUMBER!!

CraggyB
Contributor
Contributor

this post is actualky for my brother who cannot access his account because of a number that its asking to send a text to and he doesnt recognise or its his old one and thier is no other option to access. Even when sends email says confirm number with text but how can he as he no longer has that number. He recently had things brought on his accounts with out his authority now he seems totatlly logged out been over a week. He manged to log in to change password after the suspicious activity now hes having this issue paypal said they would call back but haven't. Hes shown statemnets and proof of id on their chat yet still no access. Phoning them is just asking for a number a wrong number. Just bin a loop and hes bery frustrated. Thanks

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Grindmode
Contributor
Contributor

Has this been solved, for you, been having the same problem since june

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@CraggyB 

You would need to contact customer services so that they can i.d. you another way and then add your new phone number to your account.

Paypal phones are mostly non operational since covid but sometimes you get lucky. (use the guest option if you can't log in).
If there is one available it will show when you click help / contact bottom left of Paypal pages for options available in your country.
Live chat is randomly available.
You can send them a message.
Or have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Grindmode
Contributor
Contributor

It didn't work at all, got someone useless on the live chat, and the option never appeared again

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.