Buyer asks for a refund despite tracking information

ripley109
New Community Member

I'm hoping someone can advise.  A buyer has opened a refund request because his package has not yet arrived.  The item did have tracking information but the status has not changed for two weeks.  Must I refund since the package is still listed as out for delivery?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

moneymatters168
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @ripley109

I can understand both parties position in this situation. On your end, if you have complied with what you are supposed to do then you are protected by the sellers protection policy. 

It's a judgment call if you are able to get a full refund from the courier service and have minimal to no losses. Sometimes the purchase is time sensitive. Due to the current global pandemic, we should be more understanding. 

Check with the courier if they can expedite delivery or what they can do for the cancelation of service. Reach out to your buyer and let them know the status of the delivery. Include the tracking information and an online page  they can track. 

As long as you have done your part you are good. 

You are protected. Stay safe! 

Advice is VOLUNTARILY given.
Please leave Kudos / Solution if I have helped you.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.