Business account setup stuck in a sign in loop

aimeebella7
New Community Member

I'm trying to add a business account to me personal account. I go to SETTINGS and click on UPGRADE TO A BUSINESS ACCOUNT. But every time I enter the email I want to use in answer to "First, which email do you want to use with your business account?", it send me back to the regular login page. Then I login and it takes me back to the "First, which email do you want to use with your business account?" page again, I put in the email and it sends me back to the regular login page.  It just keeps looping back over and over.  Is this a glitch or am I doing something wrong?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

cdub3d
New Community Member

Same issue. Looking for an answer myself.

Login to Me Too

cdub3d
New Community Member

SOLVED!   For me at least.  Here was my issue: The email address I was choosing, I had previously added as an additional email on my account. Problem is that the website doesn't tell you that there is an issue with this. But there is.  So if you're not converting your original to a business account, but wanting to open a separate one with a new primary address, first make sure that the new address is NOT an alternate on your account already. If it is, simply remove it, and then try the 'convert to business account' process again and use the email. Instead of looping you back around to sign-in over and over, it will instead ask you for a password, and then to fill out all the details. (Name, business name, etc...)

I just thought I'd share since I figured out the issue I was having. 🙂

Login to Me Too

Karma-Flowers
New Community Member
You don't know how much you have helped. I am sending you some good karma. I appreciate your help on this. I was stuck in that loop for over 20 minutes with tears running down my face wondering why it wasn't working they need to fix that. I'm going to give them a call tomorrow. Thanks again.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.