Business account payment shows my name and not business name - why?

AgentMax
New Community Member

I upgraded from personal account to a business account so I could conduct a few small business transactions.

However after talking to Paypal on the phone, they assured me that when I send a payment, only my Business name appears to the recipient.

However i sent a payment and my full personal name shows on the recipient Paypal account and NOT my business name.

I then called Paypal back and got a different story that my Business name will not appear but my personal name will.  

Why the different/opposite stories?

I thought maybe I can toggle between personal and business but there seems no way to do that.

I do see you can remove your physical mailing address if not needed.

Anyone else have this issue?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

phone110
Contributor
Contributor

@AgentMax , hey man

I am having exactly the same problem right now. 

How did you fix it please? I checked the API keys several times and developer.paypal.com says that a call has been made to my business account.

So not sure where the problem is.

Grateful if you could tell me how you fixed it please. 

TIA.

Login to Me Too

hellokiwe

I am having this same issue. I was reading on reddit and apparently this happens when you switch from personal to business instead of creating a business account from the jump. I am following the steps but when I press update the page is blank.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.