Business account - how use my personal name for delivery and order details?

XI
Contributor
Contributor

Hello

I've recently converted from personal to business account, however, my business name has replaced my personal name on orders details and delivery address. I would rather this not be the case and would still like to use my personal name instead. Here is what seller sees now within PayPal "Notification of an Instant Payment Received" email...

Buyer:

My company name

My ebay user ID

Delivery address:

My company name

My address

I would rather it display as it use to when I had personal account such as...

Buyer:

<removed>

My ebay User ID

Delivery address:

<removed>

My address

How can I achieve this please?

Thank you

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @XI,

Thank you for the clarification. I'm sorry there was confusion.

The Business name does, by design, show in the transaction details of a PayPal transaction with a Business account as well as on the customers' receipts.

I regret that I can't give you any direction regarding legal obligations for your business. 

I'm sorry for any inconvenience.

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
13 REPLIES 13

PayPal_david

Hey XI.

Thanks for reaching out.

If you would like your business name to show on orders that buyers send to your account, you would need to have your business name showing as the trading name on the 'Settings' page on your PayPal account. 

Once your business name is showing as the trading name, this will mean that all payments that buyers send to you will show your business name on the transactions. 

I hope this helps.

David.

Login to Me Too

XI
Contributor
Contributor

Hi David

Thank you for your reply, but you have misunderstood. You explained how to show my business name, but that is exactly what I don't want to do. 

As explain I had a personal PayPal account. Using my personal PayPal account, my actual name would show on customers PayPal receipts, however, after upgrading my personal account to business account, my name has been replaced with my business name on customers PayPal receipts. I do not want my business name to appear on customers receipts, I would like to keep it as it was with my personal name on customers receipts. How can I do that please?

Seems bizarre that there is no simple option to set which name we choose to be on receipts. The only way I can see to do this would be to update the 'Business Name', changing it to my actual name. Is this OK in terms of legal sense?

Login to Me Too
Solved

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @XI,

Thank you for the clarification. I'm sorry there was confusion.

The Business name does, by design, show in the transaction details of a PayPal transaction with a Business account as well as on the customers' receipts.

I regret that I can't give you any direction regarding legal obligations for your business. 

I'm sorry for any inconvenience.

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

XI
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Olivia

There looks to be possibility of added a 'Trading name', however when I click 'Edit' to add trading name, there isn't actually an option to add trading name, the only option given is to change business name (facepalm!).

Would adding a trading name show my trading name rather than my business name on customer receipts? If it does, how do I add trading name please?

Thank you

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Gwen

Hi @XI,

Thanks for following up. Based on what you've described, we may need to look into this a little deeper. I'd recommend reaching out to us through either Facebook or Twitter, or you can always go to the bottom of any PayPal page and click "Help" or "Contact."

Thanks,
Gwen

Login to Me Too

XI
Contributor
Contributor

Something so simple as expected has become extremely frustrating again with PayPal. First and foremost I cannot understand why companies direct people away from their own website for assistance?! Regardless I contact PayPal via Twitter and got no response. I then contacted PayPal via email and they messed up a very simple request.

As I have done so here, I asked PayPal to add my 'Trading Name', but instead of adding a trading name, they simply change my BUSINESS NAME. Please understand that a trading name and business name are two different things.

Please add my trading name. DM me for details. If this forum doesn't have DM option which I suspect as that would be was too helpful, you can find my details via the support ticket VV44REXUK (KMM181052377V14635L0KM

Thank you

Login to Me Too

thevisiblepress
Contributor
Contributor

Dear XI

Did you ever get an answer regarding using a trading name ? I think I have a similar problem, and am similarly getting nowhere with PayPal not understanding the difference between a trading name (which I'd like to use on my PayPal account) and a registered business name, which is a legal obligation, used for my bank account, and not necessarily something that customers need to be aware of ...

Please let me know if anyone has any advice,

Mark

Login to Me Too

XI
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Mark

Unfortunately not. I did managed to get PayPal to add 'Trading Name' on account by calling them, however this was a pointless endeavour as customers still only see the legal business name on PayPal receipts. The point of adding a trading name was to... well as it says on the tin, to trade under that name. PayPal does not understand this basic business concept.

XI

Login to Me Too

thevisiblepress
Contributor
Contributor
Oh dear ... thanks for letting me know.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.