Business account downgrade problem

Dfekt
New Community Member
I have contacted several times now to discuss my account. I no longer have the business, and I need to either have the account type changed to personal, thereby allowing me to transfer my funds out as I no longer use this platform. Or I need the remaining balance transferred to my PayPal cash plus personal account, so again I can have access to them as I no longer have use for this platform. I have a whopping balance of approx $100 usd and have used this account a total of maybe 3 times in the last 7 years, times are hard and I need my balance available, but without updating the business info like tax info and such it is limited and locked down and I don't need nor want to provide any additional tax info for a business that has since been shuttered and forgotten. I just want to either have the account downgraded and limitation lifted enough to transfer the balance, or I want to transfer it to my current non limited cash plus account, and be on my way. Please any assistance appreciated. Obviously trying to get hold of customer service has become more of a fantasy than it was when last I used the dang account, no option too call, no option to email, just chat with a bot that says agents are not available regardless of what day or time ive tried.
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Dfekt 

Contact options for Paypal at the moment are...

Paypal phones are mostly non operational since covid but sometimes you get lucky. (use the guest option if you can't log in).
If there is one available it will show when you click help / contact bottom left of Paypal pages for options available in your country.
Live chat is randomly available.
You can send them a message.
Or
have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.