Business Name DOES NOT Update Successfully

BlueBunny
Contributor
Contributor

I've been trying to change my business name in PayPal so it matches my store on eBay. I have followed every suggested step by step process multiple times and on different days... Profile > Profile and Settings > Name > Change > Your business name has changed > Continue ... I enter new business name and press "Update Business Name" ... I get a loading circle then a screen with a large checkmark and the words "Your business name is updated successfully" ... I hit "Done " The screen goes away and I think that the business name has changed only to find out that NOTHING was UPDATED! ... I have refreshed the page & nothing. ... I have logged off and back in & nothing. ... I have restarted my computer & nothing. ... I have even tried all the above with my mobile app uninstalled and then reinstalled! ... and NOTHING! ... I go check "My business info" again and again... only to find that NOTHING had changed! >What am I missing?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

BlueBunny
Contributor
Contributor
Sorry, I forgot to come back and post that I ended up sending an email to PayPal customer service and specified what I was trying to do and gave them other specifics... Within a day or two, I received a reply indicating that they updated my account. The email didn't elaborate as to why it didn't work to begin with, but it was fixed, so I was happy!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

10xWebDesign
New Community Member

I found a phone number about this. All automated though. The voice said it may take 3-5 business days. Guess I'll see.

They should really mention this in the confirmation screen if this is the case.

Login to Me Too
Solved

BlueBunny
Contributor
Contributor
Sorry, I forgot to come back and post that I ended up sending an email to PayPal customer service and specified what I was trying to do and gave them other specifics... Within a day or two, I received a reply indicating that they updated my account. The email didn't elaborate as to why it didn't work to begin with, but it was fixed, so I was happy!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.