cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business Name DOES NOT Update Successfully

SOLVED
Contributor

Business Name DOES NOT Update Successfully

I've been trying to change my business name in PayPal so it matches my store on eBay. I have followed every suggested step by step process multiple times and on different days... Profile > Profile and Settings > Name > Change > Your business name has changed > Continue ... I enter new business name and press "Update Business Name" ... I get a loading circle then a screen with a large checkmark and the words "Your business name is updated successfully" ... I hit "Done " The screen goes away and I think that the business name has changed only to find out that NOTHING was UPDATED! ... I have refreshed the page & nothing. ... I have logged off and back in & nothing. ... I have restarted my computer & nothing. ... I have even tried all the above with my mobile app uninstalled and then reinstalled! ... and NOTHING! ... I go check "My business info" again and again... only to find that NOTHING had changed! >What am I missing?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Contributor

Re: Business Name DOES NOT Update Successfully

Sorry, I forgot to come back and post that I ended up sending an email to PayPal customer service and specified what I was trying to do and gave them other specifics... Within a day or two, I received a reply indicating that they updated my account. The email didn't elaborate as to why it didn't work to begin with, but it was fixed, so I was happy!
Tags (1)
2 REPLIES
New Community Member

I found a phone number about this. All automated though. The voice said it may take 3-5 business days. Guess I'll see.

They should really mention this in the confirmation screen if this is the case.

Contributor

Sorry, I forgot to come back and post that I ended up sending an email to PayPal customer service and specified what I was trying to do and gave them other specifics... Within a day or two, I received a reply indicating that they updated my account. The email didn't elaborate as to why it didn't work to begin with, but it was fixed, so I was happy!
Tags (1)