Beyond Furious w/ Paypal - can't login but can accept payments

rcavezza
Contributor
Contributor

I just want to say I am beyond furious with paypal right now. 

12 years ago, I setup a paypal business account with a friend. We started a company when we were in college. We used my primary email address (I already had a personal paypal account w/ an older email address and my friend had an account as well). This is my primary email address. My friend's phone number was on the account as the main number since customers would call his number for issues w/ the company. His number has since changed. I cannot log into the account. Also - in the last twelve years, neither of our license numbers are the same - so I'm not able to access the account through the security questions.

Somehow, shopify is able to connect to this account when I opened up a store to send payments. 

So - I can receive payments in this old account that is used by my primary email address, but I cannot access any of the funds. 

This is amazing!

I was on the phone with support for what felt like an eternity. At the end of the call, they still weren't exactly sure what I was asking. 

They told me I had to get my friend to call in. That's exactly what I want - to subject him to type of customer support.

This entire thing is absurd. I turned off receiving paypal payments on my website. I am confident no one will be able to help me get into my paypal account.

It boggles my mind how no one can understand and help me with this situation. They can't even close the account and allow me to create a new one with my primary email address. 

I don't think anyone can help - I've been trying to get this resolved off and on for the past 10 years, but Paypal can't figure this out.

Maybe someone will see this and can help out.

The entire thing is just frustrating. I haven't really cared about it in years since I just tell people to pay my other account, but this is frustrating.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@rcavezza 

For customer assistance with this, click HELP on top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, and then scroll down to click CALL US and select the PAYPAL GUEST option since you are locked out of that account and can't access with phone number, security questions or login info, etc. Do not be logged on to any account when accessing the guest option as PayPal won’t discuss an account through another account.

Call early, during business hours, west coast time to try to get a US rep. 

Just say to agent you are locked out of the account because of...no longer accessible phone number, forgot security questions and want to reset password. 

Here's a tip, a separate customer service number in the business information settings can be entered so enter your partner's number there if they're still in business with you:

Account Settings (gear icon) > About the Business > Business Information > Update > Edit (near your business photo/avatar

Then change the phone number in the account holder settings on the account holder side to one you can access.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

rcavezza
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the suggestions sharpie. This has all been attempted.

I removed paypal payments from my store. Way easier than trying to log in to this account.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.