Being asked for incorporation details - but we aren't incorporated

Ben_M
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

My partner and I run a small business in the UK as a partnership. We are effectively self employed small traders, but there are two of us. Our accountant has confirmed we do not need to incorporate or register the business to be compliant with UK laws. 

PayPal is asking me for my Incorporation Number. We don't have one and don't need one.

How do I change my business type to "self employed" or "sole trader"?

Thank you

Ben M

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_JonK

Hello @Ben_M,

Thanks for reaching out! You can update the Business Type to the correct type by going to your Settings (Gear Icon), clicking "About the Business" under Profile, "Update" next to Business Information, and then "Edit" on the far right hand side.  

Hope that helps!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Ben_M
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

Thank you for your reply. I have tried that several times, but I the business type is greyed out and I cannot change it. 

I called Paypal's help desk, and the person I eventually spoke to told me to email webform at paypal dot com and gave me a case number, but I didn't get a receipt for the email, so I don't know if it got through. 

I am not sure what to do next or how to find out if they've got our email even.

What next?

Ben

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Siobhan2

Hi Ben_M, 

If you are still unable to change the Business type on your PayPal account please reach out to our Customer Support team by phone, email, Facebook or Twitter. 

- Siobhan 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.