Bank validation letter

Smiles95
Contributor
Contributor
My credit card company has temporarily closed my account because they are saying an unauthorized transaction happened when I paid it with my PayPal account for the first time, this has never happened with any other bank account of mine when making a payment to my credit card. So my credit card company is asking for a bank validation letter to show I own my PayPal account need the letter head, name of a supervisor and etc.. Is there any one who knows if PayPal can provide this to me or do I go through Wells Fargo I’m so lost right now and my credit card company will close my account officially in 30 days!!! I’ve called PayPal and they told me they can’t provide me with the letter and I don’t understand why.
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

jordanweeks
Contributor
Contributor

Credit One closed my account when I tried to pay my bill with the PayPal routing and acct numbers (apparently a checking acct that is with Wells Fargo bank). When I called Credit One, they said I needed a "Bank Verification Letter" to reopen the account, because the bank refused the payment (for about $30). I have no idea where to get this verification letter from, but we're about to find out. Credit One apparently wants to charge this card off now, and damage my credit because I tried to pay the bill using PayPal.

Login to Me Too

frenchmoxie
Contributor
Contributor
SAME exact issue here. This happened to me last year and I made a huge mistake and got my account numbers mixed up and tried sending a $20 payment from PayPal again last month. And here we go again… I just filed complaints towards CreditOne Bank. There are SO MANY COMPLAINTS towards this “bank” it’s disgusting. Clearly they just do this stuff to rip us off, collect the annual fees for these cards, then close the cards for an idiotic reason. Dragging down our credit scores in the process.
Login to Me Too

frenchmoxie
Contributor
Contributor
I also had this EXACT ISSUE with CreditOne bank last year and I resolved it by sending them screenshots of basically all my PayPal account information. The routing number and account numbers for direct deposit/checking account. It worked last year but then somehow I made the mistake again last month . I tried sending a $20 payment towards my credit card balance from my PayPal account. Again, this piece of **bleep** joke of a company immediately and abruptly CLOSED MY CARD WITHOUT WARNING. I’m still trying to get customer service to help me and it has been 1.5 months now. I’ve called countless times. I’ve emailed numerous times. I finally got an email response… it was just a canned response… an automated generic message requesting the EXACT documentation that I had just emailed them. Dealing with this company is beyond frustrating. Best of luck to you (in attempting what I mentioned that I did last year to regain access to my card).
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.