Bank Account Will Not Link - Tried Everything

lacey2377
New Community Member

Although I have transferred funds from my PayPal to a debit card in the past with no issue, PayPal is making me "verify" my account by adding a bank account. Problem is, I cannot get my bank account to link. It just says something along the lines of "we cannot link this account, try another account or contact your bank." I don't have another account and I already called my bank - they said that there should be no issue on their end and they would not block it.

Whenever I call PayPal the automation takes me through all the steps and questions just to say "we cannot help you with this over the phone, try our message center" and then hangs up. I tried the message center and the automation told me to REACH OUT TO MY BANK.

I really have no idea what to do in this situation. Any ideas?

I should also mention that any time PayPal asks to "verify my identity" using a text sent to my phone number, I do not receive those texts. I switched carriers a few weeks ago and apparently my new device is unable to receive any short code texts according to my new carrier 🙂

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@lacey2377 

Is your bank account a U.S one ?

Is it a real bank and not an online one ?

Does the name on your bank account match your paypal account name?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.