BUSINESS TYPE PAYPAL ACCOUNT

REJEA11
Contributor
Contributor

Good day Ma'am/ Sir,

I would like to be enlightened. Shall I necessarily need to upgrade my Paypal account from personal to business in order to get paid for online job or not?

Hoping for responses because I had accidentally upgrade my account and I'm still on the process of filling information. Just want to know the result??

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@REJEA11 

No, typically you don't necessarily need to upgrade to a business account in order to receive payment. Depending on your region, PayPal may require you to verify your account and perform KYC steps before receiving payment. You can also indicate that the business account is "Individual" not a registered company.

If you want to downgrade to a personal account, please contact customer service:

Log on, click HELP on top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, and then scroll down to click CALL US or other available options.

Or contacting via social media:

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/paypal

Twitter: @AskPayPal

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@REJEA11 

No, typically you don't necessarily need to upgrade to a business account in order to receive payment. Depending on your region, PayPal may require you to verify your account and perform KYC steps before receiving payment. You can also indicate that the business account is "Individual" not a registered company.

If you want to downgrade to a personal account, please contact customer service:

Log on, click HELP on top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, and then scroll down to click CALL US or other available options.

Or contacting via social media:

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/paypal

Twitter: @AskPayPal

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Leigh7988
Contributor
Contributor

What if you already had a personal account. And you wanted to downgrade your business Paypal as well. Is it possible? 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.