BIG problem .. Bank changed hands. Can NOT get wallet to add new bank.

rich_aye
Contributor
Contributor

I have  trying EVERYTHING .. phone calls, via the web etc.  going on 3 weeks now.   My bank changed hands and I now have a NEW account number.  I need to change my bank account in my wallet.   Have been trying for weeks now.  It just keeps saying "try again later". Have tried around the clock 24 hours at all hours days and nights.   Have tried to get help by phone several times .. Have documented over a hundred HOURS just on the phone.  Last attempt 2 days ago I had to get all the way to their "top level" of support (been there dozens of times before) only to have them say, "I'll have to escalate this up to our IT dept or something like that and then they say someone will get back to me soon .. And then I'm disconnected..  Never get email or phone call back .. wait for days.   Sometimes I INSIST that the rep stay with me and confirm that they have contacted higher level of support. They agree and then after 20 or minutes of waiting the line goes dead .. Calling them back then takes  another hour or more of going this this over and over.

The web site is BROKEN .. I have tried ALL the options now for THREE WEEKs  over and over ..  The biggest  problem I have mostly is with their BROKEN security measures to confirm who I am.   I HAVE checked and they HAVE the correct phone number ... to call me back .. But when I go thru the process I NEVER RECEIVE ANY CALLS.   I don't have text messaging .. only voice but I have tried both anyway.   The PHONE message call back never comes.  They "say" in both cases that the message was sent .. but my phone never answers.   NOTE I have been around a LONG time and have used this sort of thing hundreds of time on MANY other business accounts over the years and have never had a problem  BUT my Pay Pal actual account default bank can NOT be changed.   NOTE .. I also have a Pay Pal Master Card credit card and I need to change THAT bank also (the preferred payment  method). 

THIS HAS BEEN GOING ON for THREE WEEKS now.   I can no longer move any money to or out of my pay pal account.  I can't use it to bay any bills.   I can NOT fix the CREDIT card (pay pay MC issued by syncrony bank) also.  The "change preferred bank" web site lookes exactly like the Pay Pay web site and that is ALSO not working.    So ... I can't make my monthly payment on that account either.  

I NEED to be contacted directly by SOMEONE in the PAY PAL corporation to fix this.   Both my Pay Pal account and my Pay Pal MC are no longer usuable.   Note .. in my pay pay wallet I WAS able to remove the old "debit card info" and another credit card and replace them with new accounts first time no problem .. But the bank change can NOT be done.   All this started LONG BEFORE this virus stuff.  Been trying to change banks since March 29th.  

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@rich_aye 

Are you trying to 'change' the linked bank account OR adding it as a new one and then removing the old one?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

rich_aye
Contributor
Contributor

In short:

Pay Pal Account ... have deleted stuff and put in new stuff and all works EXCEPT the BANK info.  Have used that long ago without issues. But no longer works.

Pay Pal Master card (in my PP wallet)  That payment method for the credit card also can not be changed.

Both entities (the pay pal web site AND the separate Syncrony master card bank web site seem to be using the exact same GUI and programming code in their "profile editing for bank additions etc.".   BOTH ARE BROKEN.  

Have literally hundreds of hours on the web and PHONE trying to fix this starting on March 29 th.   Nothing works and Pal Pal AND the credit card support reps TRY to help but each session is always ended with no answers or my waiting for a call or email or other response for days ... NEVER get one.  

Login to Me Too

rich_aye
Contributor
Contributor

STILL looking for any way to get this solved.  Can NOT add bank.   Bank changed hands.  Been trying since March 29th .. NO help here.   Anyone?

Login to Me Too

rich_aye
Contributor
Contributor

Okay so now my credit card (pay pal master card in my wallet) has suffered the same problem.  Also can't change that card.  Card is now not being honored for non-payment .. Also been trying to change that directly with the issuing bank and have SAME exact problem contacting them.  Their account editing web site is exactly the same form and function as the pay pal web site for changing payment methods .. Neither one works.

Login to Me Too

rich_aye
Contributor
Contributor

Still no help ... anyone ?   Pay pal ?    Couple days ago spent 10 hours on both web and phone ... finally got person on phone .. bumped me up to higher level .. that person said he was having the proper dept actually change my account for me .. said to hang on while he attempted that and put me on hold .. 40 minutes later I was disconnected with no results.  Been a few days now .. and account still not fixed.  

I guess this is unsolvable ??  I'll post back here again tomorrow and will keep posting until someone at Pay Pal answers me.   Meanwhile I will try AGAIN on the phone .. (lost count of how many tries over the last THREE WEEKS)  

Login to Me Too

rich_aye
Contributor
Contributor

STILL no help .. Is anyone seeing these?   I have another thread from weeks ago I also never got any response .. Help someone.  Just got ANOTHER email from my pay pal master card demanding payment.   STILL can NOT ADD a new bank account for payment method in EITHER my Pay Pal Wallet OR the Pay Pay issued Master Card in my Wallet at Synchrony Bank.

All I get is:  Sorry, we are not able to process your request. Please try again later.

TWO MONTHS now .. Does ANYONE have somewhere or someone in the Pay Pal world who can help?    I HAVE already spent as much as 12 hours ON THE PHONE AND ON THE WEB, SEEKING HELP at LEAST 25 or MORE TIMES over the past THREE WEEKS ...

Login to Me Too

rich_aye
Contributor
Contributor

Bump .. (just to see if I get any notification via email the prior email went through.

Login to Me Too

beckstar89
New Community Member

please can someone help on this! i am in the same boat!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.