Auto login enabled by PayPal

philaitch
New Community Member

I made a payment using PayPal on my mobile phone. I received an email saying that you recognise my device and that you have turned on auto login at checkout. I followed the link to turn it off and did so. This should be an 'OPT IN' choice and not an 'OPT OUT'. This affects people's access and security choices and it is not your right to change it without their explicit consent by them OPTING IN.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

twanet
Contributor
Contributor

Agreed! I'm so frustrated by this. PayPal automatically changes my personal security settings without my permission every few months or after a transaction. And there seems to be no way of getting to a human being at PayPal to make a formal complaint and make them STOP doing this!! They have no right to change personal account settings.

Login to Me Too

hopefullycos
Contributor
Contributor

Same here. I don't want any device to access my funds without a password - I want the ENTIRE FEATURE disabled, and not have to turn it off again after every transaction!

Login to Me Too

hopefullycos
Contributor
Contributor

YES!! It's annoying to have to turn it off after every transaction, and a huge security risk too!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.