New to the community? Welcome! Please read our Community Rules and Guidelines
I am trying to access my account but cannot get to speak to anyone. I need to update my phone because the number on my account is out of date. I haven't used a cell phone for years, but had to buy one just to try and access my PayPal account. Now I can't update the number because they want to send a message to my old phone. I have tried calling support but all I get is a message saying the office is closed. Unless I can change my phone number and gain access to my account I cannot complete a purchase that I need to make. If anyone can help I'd be very grateful. Thanks 🙂
1. Downloading the app to see if it will let you in to change / update it in the settings.
2. Use the forgotten password option several times.
3. Trying another browser that may let you in without phone verification (then change it when you have logged in).
4. Trying again another day when sometimes you can get in without doing the verification and then change the number.
5. Changing the password a few times sometimes works as it can bypass the phone verification.
If that does not work then you would need to contact customer services so that they can i.d. you another way and then add your new phone number to your account.
Contact options for Paypal are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages...
1. Paypal phones are slowly re-opening and increasing in numbers (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out.
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK and @AskPayPal for Twitter.
Cell phone app or trying to change password didn't work. They still pop up the message wanting to send me an SMS to my old cell phone. This is very frustrating as I need to resolve it so that I can make a payment. 'Office is closed' is unacceptable in the middle of their published hours when it is the only way I can resolve this issue
Well those options have worked for others which is why I post the advice !!
As for customer services phone lines again I mentioned that they are 'slowly re-opening' and gave you other options.
Not a lot else I can advise you, so your welcome.