Anyone know why i received this?

trainergirl
Contributor
Contributor

When I log into my account, I have had this notification for several months:  " There’s a problem with your account. Be sure to resolve it to restore full account access." I get no response when I click the link to resolve it, whatever the problem is.

I see nothing wrong with the account. I have tried twice unsuccessfully to have PayPal agents research this.

Anyone else get this? 

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @trainergirl,

I'm sorry to hear that you've received what is likely to be a phishing or spoof email. Since you've clicked on the link, please make sure that you run a virus scan on your computer. If you logged in on a fake site, please visit the real site by typing PayPal.com into a browser window and change your password.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

trainergirl
Contributor
Contributor

Hi. Thanks for the response, but I got the notification when logging on directly to paypal.com. And I finally got a response from customer service. Pasting it below. Friends and family have told me that they have never been asked for this and have very active accounts. I am a long time account holder, too. I have no problem using PayPal, so I'm guessing this may be for marketing purposes? I get regular offers for a PayPal credit card and don't act on them. I have no recollection of what I had to provide to open the account years ago. PayPal has my credit card number and a bank account number on file, so I'm still scratching my head on why me and not my friends and family.

The response:

"Hi Mary. Before we can offer you certain products and services, federal regulations require that we collect specific information to verify your identity. This information includes your name, address, date of birth, and Tax ID or Individual Tax ID/Social Security number. We haven’t been able to verify your identity using the information you provided, so we need some additional documentation from you.
That is the reason we need you to send us the copy of your SSN card or any document which includes your SSN number so that we can verify your identity and resolve the limitation."
Login to Me Too

steve450
Contributor
Contributor
hi I'm getting error with sending money to friends and family I tried Changing everything like it asks and still no luck is there any solution please
Login to Me Too

abua3gupc8
Contributor
Contributor

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.