Anyone else being asked to "Confirm your info"

smcusername
Contributor
Contributor

Anyone else getting this?  

I keep getting this email from Paypal to confirm my info:
===
"To continue sending or spending money directly from your PayPal balance, we'll need a bit more information from you so we can confirm your identity.
This is one of the ways we help keep your account secure and support regulations that fight money laundering and fraud.
Getting started is easy, and you'll only have to do it once. Here's what you need to do:
1. Click the Confirm Your Info button below or just log into your PayPal Business account.
2. Click the Notifications icon at the top of the page.
3. Follow the on-screen instructions."
===
Clicking through PP is asking for my Social Security number and birthdate.
NO WAY I am giving them this info. I don't send and receive all that much money right now. That may change in the future. What options do I have?

I've been using PP for years and have never had this happen before.

Login to Me Too
34 REPLIES 34

I've been trying to get them to release the money they've been holding of mine since February 2020 over my failure to be able to provide them the appropriate documentation and I don't see it ending up in my gain...just theirs. Between the ridiculous glitches happening on the website and my being unable to add my new card for reasons that make no sense whatsoever, I seriously just want to close the account out and cut my losses. Now, I've read that isn't allowed so long as money remains in the account. By what insanely crooked legal maneuvering are they allowed to do that? And what prevents them from cutting a paper check? Grrrrrrr!
Login to Me Too

TeaDanielle75
New Community Member
I was ask to screen share so they could help unfreeze my account. Then login to my bank and my cash app. They tried to get $1700 out of my account ! Can not be PayPal !
Login to Me Too

Jellybean6

PayPal security email

Download PDF

PayPal security email

You receive an email purportedly from PayPal claiming your account has been suspended until you verify your account details.

The email reads: “In accordance with PayPal's User Agreement and to ensure that your account has not been compromised, access to your account was limited.

“Your account access will remain limited until this issue has been resolved. To secure your account and quickly restore full access, we may require some additional information from you.”

The email states that you need to confirm your PayPal information by going directly to a website listed or to click on the link attached.

This is a typical phishing email sent by fraudsters in an attempt to collect sensitive personal or financial information from you.

There are numerous variations of this scam including one asking to confirm whether you have added a certain address to your account.

Please, update your personal information!

Dear Value Customer,

From Monday, 05.12.2011 until Friday, 09.12.2011, we conducted a detailed review of our security measures, to improve the security of online transactions. Please update your personal information to avoid future problems with your account.

Confirm my account & detail!

All accounts are considered inactive will be suspended without notifying the owner.

Thanks,
PayPal

According to PayPal’s website, PayPal and its representatives never ask their customers to reveal the following information:

• Credit and debit card numbers
  • Bank account numbers
  • Driver's License numbers
  • Email addresses
  • Passwords
  • Your full name

If anyone claiming to work for PayPal asks for your password under any circumstances, by email or by phone, refuse and immediately contact PayPal via their secure webform online.If you have fallen for this email and provided personal information, PayPal advises you to immediately log into your PayPal account and change your password, security questions and answers. If you notice any unauthorized activity on your PayPal account, contact PayPal. You should also contact your bank and credit card company immediately.

For additional tips on safety, visit the PayPal Security Centre at www.paypal.com/security .

Spam, or electronic junk email, is a Federal offence. If you have been a target of spam please contact the Australian Communications and Media Authority (ACMA) at www.acma.gov.au . You can also download and install ACMA’s SpamMATTERS on your computer which allows you to simultaneously delete the spam and report it to ACMA with one click of your mouse.

Login to Me Too

Eden8
Contributor
Contributor

I have just uploaded my social security ID and my bank statement. I also have a Business Account as I'm a Freelancer and most of my clients overseas send payments thru Paypal. I hope they secure all these information the same way they secure our funds.

Login to Me Too

chopper2577

Did it year ago and somehow they are asking me to do it again while suspending my any transaction I want to do bunch of do good in bstards

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.