An old phone number does not have the remove option

I_love_shopping
New Community Member

Of the 4 phone numbers I have listed in my account one is an old work phone.  The problem is the only thing PayPal will let me do with this phone number is to change the preferences for PayPal contact.  I read that I have to call customer service at PayPal to get this fixed.  Is this really the only way I can remove an old phone number?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Jojo166
Contributor
Contributor
Hi I’ve never had a problem with PayPal until now. Changed my phone the other day and when I click on the app it takes me to a bit where they ask me for my email address and password they have always been the then I get a message saying they are sending a code to verify my account but it’s an old number. I’ve tried for days. eBay has put a hold on my account until I have paid my bill but carnt pay it until I can get into my PayPal account

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

Jojo166
Contributor
Contributor
Hi I’ve never had a problem with PayPal until now. Changed my phone the other day and when I click on the app it takes me to a bit where they ask me for my email address and password they have always been the then I get a message saying they are sending a code to verify my account but it’s an old number. I’ve tried for days. eBay has put a hold on my account until I have paid my bill but carnt pay it until I can get into my PayPal account
Login to Me Too

I_love_shopping
New Community Member

Believe it or not after over an hour trying to find a method to delete the old phone number I found that the PayPal Help Assistant software directed me via questions and answers to pull up all four phone numbers and asked me which one did I want removed.  After clicking the correct number the message popped up and stated number removed with a button that asked "did this fix your problem"  I checked the account and by George it was gone!

Hope this trick will help others.  I found many people asking about this very problem but I found NOTHING on PayPal or the internet on this subject

Login to Me Too

khung57
New Community Member

@I_love_shopping Thank you for this suggestion! I just did what you recommended and the "PayPal Assistant" removed the two outdated phone numbers on my account. I can't believe after an hour+ of searching help screens that this was the solution. Thanks for thinking of this and for letting all of us know! 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.