An International student trying to create an account in the country they are studying in

ChiuYi
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I am an International student, right now I am living in the USA. I am trying to create a PayPal account in the USA, so my parents can send me my tuition. I created a new account, but they wouldn't let me change my address to the USA one. Anyone have some ideas n what I could do? Thank you!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ChiuYi 

Paypal is country specific so if you move countries you have to open another paypal account in the country you reside in and add an address / phone number / bank accounts / cards from within that country.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ChiuYi 

Paypal is country specific so if you move countries you have to open another paypal account in the country you reside in and add an address / phone number / bank accounts / cards from within that country.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

ChiuYi
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Thank you for responding. I actually did create a new account. But when I created it, the account is still assuming that I am back in my hometown. The option on the selecting city part wouldn't let me change to the USA. I can only select the city that's within my country??

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ChiuYi 

Sorry but did you click to register a completely new account? Only if you do so then one of the first things you do is select the country you are in from the drop down country list.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

ChiuYi
Contributor
Contributor
Yes, I did. I used a new email address and created a new account.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.