Am I Allowed to Make a Second Account For Donations?

anitar333
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, 

I'm interested in establishing a PayPal account separate from my personal one in order to receive donations. However, I have a few friends and family in the past who had their secondary accounts shut down because it's against TOS to have multiple accounts. I run a blog and have DonorBox buttons set up on the page, but I don't want users to see my personal email address/information.

Should I just add a different email to my personal account, or is it okay to make a second PayPal?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@anitar333 

Same advice regardless of country on this one.

You are only allowed a maximum of 2 paypal accounts as long as 1 is a personal account and the other 1 is a business account.

However you can have up to 8 email addresses on each paypal account and receive funds on any of them.

You have to have your legal name on your paypal account or you will get limited when you try to receive payments or get verified and have to supply i.d. HOWEVER if you are a registered business then of course you can have a business name instead.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

Mkupsip
Don't forget! Products and services may differ based on the user's country and PayPal account type. Please post the correct response for the user's situation.
Login to Me Too

anitar333
Contributor
Contributor

Hi @Mkupsip

Thank you, that's a very good point! I currently just have a personal account and I am based out of the United States.

Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@anitar333 

Same advice regardless of country on this one.

You are only allowed a maximum of 2 paypal accounts as long as 1 is a personal account and the other 1 is a business account.

However you can have up to 8 email addresses on each paypal account and receive funds on any of them.

You have to have your legal name on your paypal account or you will get limited when you try to receive payments or get verified and have to supply i.d. HOWEVER if you are a registered business then of course you can have a business name instead.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

anitar333
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you so much, @kernowlass! I appreciate all the information. Have a great rest of your day. 🙂 

Login to Me Too

Daveforest12
Contributor
Contributor
Hi ca you tell me why my account as been suspended ps i got a email thank you
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Daveforest12 

Not sure how I could possibly know the answer to that one if you don't???

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.