All my addresses are saved in the cloud and I can't change an incorrect one

marciamarcia
New Community Member

I placed a large order at Home Depot and at checkout had the choice of checking out with Home Depot or clicking on my Paypal account.  This order was to go to my parents house and I live in another state.  On the right side of the screen was Paypal and on the left side all my addresses (addresses for what, not sure, somehow they are in the cloud and I'm wondering where they were pulled from - all my FedEx and UPS, Home Depot, other deliveries - every delivery ever using PayPal)??  I remember many years ago (13?) ordering something that went to the wrong address for my parents.  Instead of 1102 S. 17th Street, City... it said 1102 State Street, City... 

For this order, when I saw my Mom's name / in the address book - there were about 30 addresses I've sent things to -  I clicked on her and the transaction started.  Immediately I saw State Street Instead of South 17th street.  I hit the back button but it was too late.  The whole order went through.  I remember trying to fix this years ago and couldn't find where this incorrect address was stored.  I gave up and figured I would solve it another time.

Because Home Depot drop ships and has products on one order coming from warehouses the orders were divided up into 4 or 5 separate orders.  There was no way to cancel the order even 30 seconds afterwards so I called Home Depot first thing in the morning.  It's a nightmare.  $990 worth of merchandise for a construction project.  I had to send an Uber Driver this morning to go get the first package at the wrong address.  Thank goodness this is a small town...this is a liability for me, Paypal, Home Depot?  One click of a button could result in someone getting shot on a doorstep.

I do not have all these addresses in a Home Depot Account and they are not in my PayPal account.  WHERE DID THESE ADDRESSES COME FROM?  They are stored in the cloud (for convenience), but if they are going to attach them to my account or ip address, they have to be able to delete them or change them.  I found I cannot edit so I have deleted my Mom's address.  The only way to fix this is to start a new order!!!!  Hopefully if I can figure out how to change the incorrect address in the cloud (CAN SOMEONE HELP ME?)

This issue has consumed many hours of me and my significant other's time to figure this out.  We ended up calling Home Depot and canceling the rest of the order and they are working on placing a new order.  I realize sitting here that technology has as many downs as it has ups.

We need to slow down man, slow down.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_AshleyM

Hi @marciamarcia,

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble you've encountered, that's definitely a concern. Based on what you've said, it sounds like you may have what we call guest addresses. This means you've added an address while checking out, and isn't able to be seen within your PayPal account. The only way to have this removed is by contacting us, either by phone, Facebook, or Twitter. I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, but we'll be happy to help get this resolved!

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.