All activity for 9 years disappeared

Kvic1
Contributor
Contributor
I can’t believe what has actually happened I had three emails from PayPal telling me that an email very similar to mine needed authorising to gain access I haven’t authorised it but when I’ve logged into my PayPal 9 years worth of transactions had gone it’s like I never had an account There’s no bank linked no cards nothing at all I don’t understand this I’m really panicking as I don’t actually know if anyone gained access and now have acces to my bank PayPal credit etc
Login to Me Too
10 REPLIES 10

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Kvic1 

Were these three emails, real PayPal emails? If PayPal has an issue with your account, they don't say it in "emails". They'd send you email to say you have messages in the Message Center or to check your account for alerts/notifications so be careful. Did you log in with the correct email address?

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Kvic1
Contributor
Contributor
They say dear Victoria you’ve added a new email to your account please confirm three of these messages all 5 mins apart. Thing is they look very similar to my email but a different internet provider I didn’t click on any of them I went onto the PayPal app and saw there were no transactions at all. So I panicked and changed my email it’s like my account never existed Confirm phone add bank details there’s nothing there at all All recent activity just gone I don’t know what to do I have a PayPal credit account too I’m really worried atm
Login to Me Too

Kvic1
Contributor
Contributor
Sorry I changed the password not email
Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Kvic1 

"Thing is they look very similar to my email but a different internet provider"

You mean the email address that is trying to be added to your PayPal account looked similar to yours that's currently the primary email address?

How about logging into the PayPal website, are your account history still available there? 

Here is PayPal UK homepage:

https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/home

Maybe uninstall the PayPal app and reinstall it and then log in to app again to check.

Login to Me Too

Kvic1
Contributor
Contributor
No there’s nothing there either Yes the email address was very similar to mine but it was @ btinternet not sky
Login to Me Too

Kvic1
Contributor
Contributor
I’ve uninstalled it and redone it all too I’m baffled
Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Kvic1 

You've logged on through PayPal website and same thing? 

Keep trying to contact customer service for assistance:

1. Log on.
  2. Click HELP at the top menu.
  3. Scroll down and click CONTACT US.
  4. Scroll down to click CALL US or other contact options such as Live Chat.

Or contact via social media:

Facebook (UK): https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK

Twitter (UK): @paypalUK 

Facebook (Worldwide): https://www.facebook.com/paypal

Twitter (Worldwide): @AskPayPal 

Login to Me Too

Kvic1
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks I’ll have to try in the morning as it’s saying there’s no one available via Facebook
Login to Me Too

Kvic1
Contributor
Contributor
I can’t get through to anybody at all I’ve tried all ways
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.