After remove my debit card from Papal Account I can't add my new debit card

avdicj
Contributor
Contributor

My debit card has expired and I tried to enter the new debit card information from Edit.
After entering the data, PayPal informed me that it sent Code to my mobile phone but never arrived. I repeated twice and checked the number, but it was repeated again, by not having received any code.

After that, I completely removed the old card and added a new card with data entry, but I can not complete the process because it gave me a message:

"We can not complete this now."

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

avdicj
Contributor
Contributor

After input data to purchase, respond is similar:

"Your card was declined. Try a different card."

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @avdicj,

I'm sorry to hear that the new card information is not being accepted by the system. Please take a look at this article for some troubleshooting steps.

Another thought that the article doesn't mention is, because it's a debit card, please make sure that the card's account has enough of a balance to be able to approve a small card validation authorization (typically $1.00). If there is no balance in the account, the authorization may be getting denied.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Katoushka
I had the same problem and gave up. On second thought, I decided to restructure my budget and leave that account as a 'don’t touch' savings account. So, thinking the card wasn’t added, I carried in with life. Just today, I logged on to the account online and discovered PayPal charges!! The card HAD been added despite the (false) error message. IN CONCLUSION/ MY ADVICE 🗯: I’d advise you double check your PayPal account and see if the card is actually there. I’ve removed mine just now, but it’s really messed up my budget!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.