Adding phone number

Gabimarie101
Contributor
Contributor
I go to log into my account on the same and ONLY phone I've ever used for this account but that's suspicious apparently, so paypal requires me to authorize myself by email. I do. It wants a text next. I have no number added so I click to add my number. My legal, paid for, not from a texting app phone number is "not supported". **bleep** you paypal I want my money. Can I sue? They refuse to answer me or help access my account. I couldn't even contact support without making another **bleep**ing account just to contact support cause I can't login! This is ridiculous.
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Gabimarie101 

You would need to contact customer services so that they can i.d. you another way and then add your new phone number to your account.

Paypal phones are mostly non operational since covid but sometimes you get lucky. (use the guest option if you can't log in).
If there is one available it will show when you click help / contact bottom left of Paypal pages for options available in your country.
Live chat is randomly available.
You can send them a message.
Or have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Gabimarie101 

You would need to contact customer services so that they can i.d. you another way and then add your new phone number to your account.

Paypal phones are mostly non operational since covid but sometimes you get lucky. (use the guest option if you can't log in).
If there is one available it will show when you click help / contact bottom left of Paypal pages for options available in your country.
Live chat is randomly available.
You can send them a message.
Or have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Gabimarie101
Contributor
Contributor
I tried, they just do not answer me. What kind of support makes you call over and over and hope to get lucky just so you can have access to your own money? I do believe withholding it like that is illegal as I haven't violated their ToS, they should be sued.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Gabimarie101 

I did give you other options than a phone call.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.