Adding Wife

Helpplease5
Contributor
Contributor

I was wondering if I can add my wife to the PayPal account since I don’t use it and she uses it most of the time and has her stores linked to the account. All payments coming either from the joint account or all the Credit Cards she had added to the account. I’m working most of the time overseas and she has power of attorney which we sent to PayPal, but she still runs into problems and gets no information about disputes what sometimes happen since the account is in my name. To delete the account and reopen an account is just so much hassle since she has all stores (not sure how many) linked to the PayPal account.  My wife bought a house with the power of attorney while I was overseas, but can’t get any information when she has disputes. I’m not worried about her being on the account since like I said, haven’t used the account since 2005. I read about Business account possibilities. We do not run a business she is just my shopping queen and wants to get info when she has problems. 

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Helpplease5 

She can add and confirm an email address of hers to your PayPal account and use that email address as the login ID with same password at checkout, then the transaction will be under her email address and she'll get the PayPal emails.

PayPal accounts allow up to 8 email addresses.

In fact, she can add her email address, then set her email address as the primary email address since she is the one using the account these days. Then keep your email address on there as secondary email address.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Helpplease5
Contributor
Contributor

Her email address is on the account anyways, mine is not since I don’t use the account. The problem she has is when she calls PayPal about any questions, they tell her they need to speak to the account holder which is me. We could delete the account and just open one in her name, but you would think PayPal would let you add a family member or would make it easier since she sent in P.O.A years ago. When she shops I don’t get any emails since she’s the shopper and user of PayPal. Everything  is changed to her stuff, even  the SSN is updated to hers but Name can’t be changed. Thanks for your help!

Login to Me Too

Helpplease5
Contributor
Contributor

Her email address is on the account anyways, mine is not since I don’t use the account. The problem she has is when she calls PayPal about any questions, they tell her they need to speak to the account holder which is me. We could delete the account and just open one in her name, but you would think PayPal would let you add a family member or would make it easier since she sent in P.O.A years ago. When she shops I don’t get any emails since she’s the shopper and user of PayPal. Everything  is changed to her stuff, even  the SSN is updated to hers but Name can’t be changed. Thanks for your help!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.