Add phone

helpthispoorman
Contributor
Contributor

I have recently moved to a different PayPal account, and I have added my info. When it says add phone for verification, it says not registered in my name. Could someone help?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

ramberroya
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee
Hi @helpthispoorman, There are two ways to set up 2-step verification. You can use an authenticator app (like Google Authenticator and Microsoft Authenticator) or you can ask us to send text messages to your mobile phone. Here's how to set it up: Go to your Settings. Click Security. Click Set Up next to “2-step verification.” Choose to receive a text or use an authenticator app, then click Next. Follow the prompts to link your phone or authenticator app. Set up a back-up method in case you can’t access your primary cell or authenticator app. Click Done to activate 2-step verification. You can deactivate 2-step verification at any time: Go to your Settings. Click Security. Click Update next to “2-step verification.” Click Turn Off next to 2-step verification, then the Turn It Off button. For added protection, you can also add 2-step verification to other devices. Since you can no longer access the phone number. You may want to set up new email account and create a brand new paypal account and you will link the phone number you have access to. Hope this will resolve your issue. Thanks. ***If you see a post that is helpful, kindly give the author Kudos or accept it as a solution. Thanks and have a great day! ☺
Login to Me Too

helpthispoorman
Contributor
Contributor

This is not about 2 step authorization, I receive this when trying to pay for something26EB657E-036A-43C5-821A-6CC1BFDF2D6B.jpeg

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.