Add foreign country mobile phone number

dolphinlilac
New Community Member

How can I add a foreign country phone number? I'm no longer in US and the old US phone can't be used anymore so want to change to Austria phone number. 

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

PayPal accounts are country specific. If the US PayPal account does not accept the foreign telephone number on the accounts settings page, then you must open an Austrian PayPal account with a different email address, active Austrian residential address, contact information and financial information/instruments.

If you moved residences permanently to another country, it is advisable for you to empty out your PayPal account, remove all banks/cards and close out your account and to open a new PP account in your new residential country. You close out your bank accounts and take your money with you, same concept with PayPal unless you maintain residences in both countries.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

RafaelSaraiva
Contributor
Contributor

OMG!  This is ridiculous!  In such a times when people travel and work abroad, go to meetings in other countries and I REALLY cannot have a foreign phone mumber in my paypal but have to create an account for each country i go? PFFFF  Watchout PAYPAL your competitiors will kill you because of that

Login to Me Too

Saabchick
New Community Member

No I haven't moved residence to another country, but it is 2020 and I live in one country, work in another and have a house in another. I have one phone number that works everywhere. The excuse you've come up with, Paypal, is not acceptable. I want to hear how you're going to fix this.

Login to Me Too

Kordanor
New Community Member

It's funny though that for the dual authentication system you can change the country code for the number...

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.