Add an international phone number

ShelleyBean1
Contributor
Contributor

I can't add an international phone number to my account.

I have read the other similar messages in the community from 2019 and before, saying that Paypal is country-specific and will only let you have a country-specific phone number. Is that still the case now, or have they sorted themselves out (this being a ridiculous and impractical rule)?

I live in 2 countries, so I have 2 Paypal accounts. I need to be able to access both accounts, in any country, at any time. Keeping a mobile phone with roaming solely for this purpose is expensive and not practical. My banks can manage this easily, why can't Paypal?!

Sorry to ask here, I have been trying to get hold of Paypal for a week and (surprise, surprise) there are no humans to chat with online. I'm not staying up until 3am, to telephone them from halfway across the world.

I guess I will end up having to close my UK account but from what I've read here, even that might be impossible without speaking to someone??

Seriously, how is Paypal still in business?! This customer "service" (that doesn't exist) is beyond terrible.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Matty3000
New Community Member

I have the same issue. I am Canadian but I live in Spain. My contractor wants to pay me via Paypal and I can't access the mobile app because it insists on sending a verification code to a Canadian mobile number that I no longer even have. I can't add my Spanish address or phone number and I don't want to create a Spanish Paypal account. This means the app is officially useless to me so I'm bound to using a browser to access the account. Lame is right!

By the way, we were using Payoneer but they have locked my account until I send them "additional information." They have a questionnaire to collect the information but none of their drop-down options are even remotely applicable to my situation so I can't fill it in truthfully. Am I expected to lie? I'm just sharing this to let you know that the other companies are no better. I guess there's no service that actually works well.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.