Account

Skytalker1114
Contributor
Contributor
My original account was hacked. Luckily, no money was taken, but now I can't access my account. I have called "Customer Service" many, many times over the last 2 months and I am fed up! I was told the problem was that my phone was too old (Samsung Galaxy Note 3), so I spent $1000 on a Samsung Galaxy S10+ and I STILL can't access my account. The last straw came last night when the person told me the problem was my internet provider, which made no sense, since I can still access my email account. I tried calling Corporate and the call was just cycled to Customer Service again. I was on hold, waiting for a supervisor, but hung up after 30 minutes. Does anyone know how I can get my money sent back to my bank account?
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Skytalker1114 

Don't give up, its not rocket science for them to send you a cheque, so keep phoning until you get an agent that does know what they are doing........that does happen eventually, just don't hold your breath in the meantime.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
12 REPLIES 12

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Skytalker1114 

Have you asked c.s. to send you a cheque?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Skytalker1114
Contributor
Contributor
I told them if they couldn't transfer my $2609 over to my new account, then just send it back to my bank account, where it came from. Customer Service said they couldn't do that. Not only do I not understand why this simple task is so difficult to accomplish, but why it is S-O hard to contact anyone in the company, EXCEPT Customer Service! Every number that I have called has been routed to the same people. Sorry, but I no longer trust this company. I simply want my money! Why is this so difficult? I also don't understand why no one has reached out to me...IN ANY MANNER!
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Skytalker1114 

So you haven't asked them to send a cheque then?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Skytalker1114
Contributor
Contributor
No, I didn't specifically request a check or cheque, but, like I said, did request a transfer to my new account or to my bank account. I have never received a "specific" reason why this couldn't be done...that made sense to me, but if you think that will make a difference, I will call them and give it a try.
Login to Me Too

Skytalker1114
Contributor
Contributor
PayPal sent a message to my account...the account I am unable to access! Who is making decisions there? I have told them that I have a new account, but there's no messages waiting for me. I just checked.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Skytalker1114 

Paypal customer services agents are not the brightest lights in the harbour (and yes that and cheque we spell differently than the U.S).

However you do have the option to receive cheques to withdraw funds from your paypal account in your country so surely they 'may' manage that for you?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Skytalker1114
Contributor
Contributor
I just got off the phone with Paypal. They told me that they couldn't transfer or send the money because I haven't used the account in 6 months. Why that is a factor, I have no idea. They asked me to call back in 48 hours so they could research security questions to ask me.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Skytalker1114 

Good grief, try again tomorrow and try and get one with a brain cell.

Your security questions are listed ON your paypal account, they don't need to 'research' them, guess he just didn't know what he was talking about so fobbed you off again. 

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Skytalker1114
Contributor
Contributor
Maybe it's me, but they ALL seem to be not the sharpest knife in the drawer. They seem to be reading what to say off of a script, since they say the same things. One said my problem was that my phone was too old (Samsung Galaxy Note 3), so I spent $1000 on a Samsung Galaxy 10+ and I am STILL not able to access my account! I got really steamed when one suggested that the problem was with my internet provider, which made no sense...AT ALL! Especially since I am able to access my email account with no problems. I will give them the 48 hours that they asked for. I stupidly realize now that they can keep my money and unless I use them in court, I have no other options. They're not an actual bank, which are mandated to follow certain rules and regulations.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.