Account

kaymiller9186
Contributor
Contributor
I logged into my Paypal. I clicked the Menu Bar and instead of my name & picture, it had someone elses name and picture that I have never seen before. I reviewed my activities. Nothing was different. When I clicked the Menu bar again, my name & picture were back. Does this mean I was hacked?
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @kaymiller9186,

That's definitely strange! I haven't heard of this happening. I would follow Drew's suggestion to change your password and security questions from a safe computer for extra security, and also maybe run a virus scan on the device where this occurred.

Stay safe!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_Drew

Hi @kaymiller9186

Sorry if this situation has caused confusion! 

Was this a public computer you were using. If so, it's possible that the stored cache on the browser has caused this issue. If it's a personal computer, everything would be fine. 🙂 The most you'd need to do if you are concerned is update your password and security questions to resecure your account. 

Thanks, 

Drew

Login to Me Too

kaymiller9186
Contributor
Contributor
This was on my phone using wifi that only I have access to.
Login to Me Too
Solved

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @kaymiller9186,

That's definitely strange! I haven't heard of this happening. I would follow Drew's suggestion to change your password and security questions from a safe computer for extra security, and also maybe run a virus scan on the device where this occurred.

Stay safe!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.