Account verification

Popeye19
New Community Member

Good people, I set up a Paypal account recently but I am unable to:

1. Verify my cell phone number - How long does it take to receive the text code from Paypal?
  2. Link my credit card - I get a response that my provider has declined, what does this mean?

thank you.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Cristina

Hi @Popeye19,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our Community Help Forum!

I am sorry about your issue. As soon as you've added your number to your PayPal account we'll send you a text message with a confirmation code.

In general, when you add your card information, we temporarily charge your card a small amount. This is a regular fraud prevention measure, to ensure the card is valid. If your card issuer does not authorise the temporary charge, the card is declined. 

Here are some reasons why your card issuer may not have authorised the temporary charge:

• The card issuer might have had technical problems
  • The card issuer may have blocked the temporary charge because it didn’t fit your normal spending patterns
  • Your card may not support online payments
  • You might have exceeded the limit on your card

Please, contact your card issuer to ask them why they didn't allow the temporary charge and whether you can use this card for online payments. You may contact us by clicking 'Help & Contact' at the bottom of the PayPal homepage so that we can look into this further.

I hope this helps.

Cristina

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.