Account restriction

Hamersay
Contributor
Contributor

Hi I am trying to get someone at Paypal to confirm my identity documents to approve my name change.  No one is on hand to do this.  Its now two weeks have gone by, I can access my money.  Any time I phone it puts me through to a pre-recorded message and then hangs up.  I can use the help message function as it doesn't send my query through to an agent.  Does anyone know how to get this resolved?

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Hamersay 

Can take a few weeks as they are busy at the moment.

Do you documents prove you have legally changed the name on your paypal account OR the name on your account is mis-spelt with a maximum of 2 characters as those are the only times you can change it.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Hamersay
Contributor
Contributor
My account has my initial as my forename. I am just looking to have my full forename instead of the initial.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Hamersay 

You won't be able to, you can only change a name if there is an error of a maximum of 2 characters wrong in the name OR for legal reasons.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Hamersay
Contributor
Contributor
How do I access my money then as PayPal have put a restriction on my account until I provide my Id papers which I have done but because the account is under my initial my papers have my full first name and therefore they say it differs from my I'd?
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Hamersay 

The name on your paypal account has to be your legal name.

You can only change a name if there are 2 characters wrong OR for legal reasons.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.