Account permanently closed

Ariajmont
New Community Member

Hi there, could someone please help me understand why my PayPal account is now permanently closed? I was in good standing and paying off ny PayPal credit account. I contacted them and they said I am "too high of a risk" to do business with, but I don't I understand. I only use My personal account to buy clothes and shoes online. Is it in regards to my PayPal credit account or something else? Any help with understanding this would be helpful. Will I be able to open a new PayPal account? Thank you!

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Ariajmont 

Don't open another account, not a good move. Instead, I suggest opening a case with bbb.org under PayPal San Jose CA to get PayPal Office of Executive Escalations to review your account and see if it could be restored. Might have been a misunderstanding or false positive by the security system.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Ariajmont
New Community Member
Thank you! I was just wondering if it would be okay. But I dont know how to order things on eBay or sell things now without PayPal. Also I live in New York City. There is no way PayPal would restore it then? I wish there were more specifics on why they think that...
Login to Me Too

Ldorman
This just happened to me as well, and they won’t tell me what the issue is. Very frustrating. I’m a mom and I use this for personal use ALL THE TIME!?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.