Account needs updated, moved country. Cannot close the account

Aang1010
New Community Member

So a few years back I opened a new business paypal account because I moved to US from Finland. Today I got a notification to update my old EU account with a phone number. I logged in and noticed there was some money still there. Thinking I could just transfer the money to my new account and close the account. Turns out I can't. The account is locked. I really do not have an EU phone number again to insert into the paypal nor bank account. 

Even there's like 1,40 USD in my account that I wouldnt miss losing. I cant close the account either because I cant update my phone number bc it is not EU

Couldn't find any help for this elsewhere, so I'll ask advice here. 

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Aang1010
New Community Member

Update; I could update to my US phone but it still wants to add new credit card/bank. And adding USA bank/card is a nono. It is preventing me from closing my account.

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Aang1010 

Open a US PayPal account for use in the US. Keep the Finland account open as is, for the time being, since getting a hold of PayPal when locked out can be problematic because of corona virus and you must be able to login in order to message PayPal through the Finland account. 

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Aang1010
New Community Member

I already got US account that I am using mostly ever since I moved here. The EU account has just been untouched gathering dust. But ok, I will let it sit for now. Thank you!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.